Programming Instructor Duties
The Lumberyard Bike Park is the only indoor mountain bike park in the region, and offers a variety of programming including Spring, Fall and Winter after school programs and weekly Summer camps. Instructors will be responsible for following our set curriculum for youth, ages 4-14. Programs include warm up activities, bike skills instruction, basic bike maintenance, video skills review and other group activities, indoor and outdoor. There will also be opportunities to participate in private instruction for both youth and adults.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a safe and stable environment for participants (mostly youth ages 4-14)
- work as a team with other instructors, assistants and supervisors,
- be an ambassador for the Lumberyard on and off site,
- provide bike skill instruction and supervision for groups of 5 or so riders,
- relate with and encourage youth while serving as a positive role model,
- lead organized games and other age appropriate activities,
- assist with daily set-up and clean-up,
- evaluate program participants and provide written feedback,
- fulfill goals of the program to provide a consistent and high quality experience,
- further program administrative responsibilities as, experience indicates,
- serve in Guest Services role, as needed, and
- other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and ability requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete Lumberyard Instructor Training,
- able to demonstrate competency at skills required for camp activities (ie: mountain biking and/or bmx riding, assisting new riders, basic mechanical skills, group management, etc.),
- at least 2 years experience working with youth, ages 4-14,
- at least 2 years experience instructing any skill,
- IMBA or PMBI Mt. Bike Instructor Training Certification,
- current CPR and First Aid certification required, and
- Wilderness First Aid, a plus.
Wage: Depending on experience and certifications.
Hours: Applicant must be available for full time for the Summer that may lead to work year round (32-40 hr/week).
To Apply: Hit us up at email@example.com. The subject of your email should read “Yes, I want to be an Instructor at the Lumberyard!” Including a resume and a note about yourself would be smart, too!
Thanks for checking us out!
2700 NE 82nd Ave across from Madison High School.