BIRTHDAY PARTY FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What does the Birthday Party base package include?
The base party package includes up to 5 riders admission for $195. Additional riders can be added for just $15 each. Parties get access to our large variety of rental bikes at our discounted rate of $10 per bike (price includes helmet and/or pads). Your party also includes a private party room for 2 hours, a party Host to take care of set up, delivering our catered food to the party, clearing tables and responding to all of your party time needs. Your party package also includes a table set with plates, cups, napkins, and utensils for your rider guests, personalized Happy Birthday card from Lumberyard Staff for the birthday person, one bottle of water for each rider guest, and a ClifBar ClifKid snack for each rider guest.
How long can the kids ride during a birthday party?
Birthday party wristbands, and rental wristbands are good from the start time of your party until we close that day.
Can our party guests come earlier than our party and ride?
Yes they can, but they would need to pay either the hourly rate or purchase a day pass (whichever is less expensive), until your party starts. If they purchase a day pass we would not include them in your party count. Birthday packages are structured and discounted such that they cover the admission from the scheduled time the party starts until we close, not earlier than the party start time.
Before the party, what time can we get in the room to decorate?
The room will be ready for you 5 minutes before your party start time. Up to that time your Host will be setting up the room and preparing for your arrival.
Some of our guests haven’t been to the Lumberyard Bike Park before. Should we arrive early to watch the safety video?
The earliest we can check in the kids for your party is 5 minutes before your party start time.
The Host will be busy preparing for your arrival and setting up the party room until then. If your new guests have not completed a waiver before coming it is a good idea to come a couple minutes earlier to complete the waiver and watch the safety video (which is 2 minutes and seven seconds long). Please note – only the children’s parents or court appointed legal guardian can do a waiver for their children – so if some parents are not coming to your party with their kids, have them do their waiver from home online.
Are rentals included in the party package?
No, rentals are an extra charge. For birthday parties, we discount our rentals to $10, which is half off our regular rental rates.
Are helmets, knee and elbow pads included in our party package?
No, helmets, knee pads and elbow pads are an extra charge. Helmets are $2.00 to rent and knee/elbow pads are $3.00 to rent. If you are renting a bike, helmets and pads are included for no extra charge.
Do you reserve rental bikes for birthday parties?
No we do not reserve rental bikes. Our bikes are on a first come first serve basis. We have a wide selection of bikes in many sizes to choose from and there are usually enough bikes for everyone. We welcome your children to bring their own bikes as well, any BMX type childrens bike will work great. If you bring your own bikes, we do encourage you to do a quick inspection of the bike to be sure it is ready to ride safely. We also have a full-service bike shop on-site to assist with any issues.
Can we come early to get pads, helmets, and rental bikes?
We are not able to set up the kids with pads, helmets and rental bikes until we check the kids waivers, check them in to the party, put wristbands on the kids, and have the new riders watch the safety video. All this is done by your Host, and will begin 5 minutes before your party start time.
Can we bring our own food?
No, I am afraid we do not allow outside food, drinks or snacks – except a dessert for your party. We have a corporate agreement with Pizza Schmizza that does not allow us to bring in outside food except desserts for parties.
Can we order pitchers of beer at the time of the party?
Yes. But due to OLCC guidelines you need to order the pitchers of beer at Pizza Schmizza and then you can bring them to the party room for your guests.
Do you have drink options?
Yes. We carry Pepsi products, so we have Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Rootbeer, Lemonade, Sierra Mist, Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew. We have them available by the pitcher or some are available by the liter.
Do you offer gluten free pizza options?
Yes, we have gluten free pizzas. They come in 14″ size and are available in Cheese, Pepperoni, Don Ho (Hawaiian), Genoa, Greek Veggie, Extreme Veggie, Traditional, Sch’meat Trio, and Margherita.
We cannot do the BBQ Chicken or Chicken Bacon Ranch pizzas gluten free as the sauces contain gluten.
Is there a freezer for storing an ice cream cake or ice cream?
Yes, we have a small freezer in the party room so we can store your ice cream cake or quarts of ice cream. The freezer is small, but it will fit a standard sized Baskin Robbins ice cream cake.
Do we need to bring plates, napkins, cups and utensils?
We provide all the place settings and serving utensils you need for your party. We also provide pitchers of water and cups for your guests.
Do we need to bring a knife to cut the cake, etc?
We have all the serving utensils (cake knives, spatulas, spoons, tongs) to serve all your courses including your cake and ice cream. We also have scoopers if you bring a quart of ice cream.
Can you fill with helium a large number “x” balloon we bring?
No, we cannot fill up customer provided balloons with helium. With the helium supply constraints and price increases we now only fill the 12″ latex balloons we offer as an option to our parties. Our balloons are $1.95 each and come in a variety of colors.
How much are the party favors, and what do they include?
The party favors are $6.00 each, or 5 for $25.00. They include our Lumberyard branded water bottle filled with a Lumberyard bumper sticker, a Lumberyard sticker, a Lumberyard temporary tattoo, some industry stickers, and small toys for the kids.
Some of our guests have not been to the Lumberyard Bike Park before, can you explain the Guided Tour option? Is it a good idea for first time riders?
The guided tour is a very good idea for riders who have not been to the Lumberyard before.
The instructor starts by reviewing the safety video with the group and asks them some comprehension questions, then they do a walking tour where he explains to the kids each riding area and the requirements to ride that area. Then they all get on their bikes and go to the Green Line and ride together until your food is ready to be served, generally 1 hour after your party start time. On the Green Line, the instructor will give tips to the kids who are new to riding our ramp features, to help them get started. If this is a younger group and it makes more sense to have the group ride in the Bunker the instructor will take them to the Bunker instead for their riding session.
Does the party include a bottle of water and a ClifBar for each kid?
Yes it does, they will be on the table, as part of your place settings, when you arrive.
If any siblings or parents want to ride, would they be given the price that it would cost me to add them to the party?
Yes, if your guest adults or sibling riders want to ride, we will give them the birthday party rates, if they check in through the birthday party Host at the party check In desk. We just ask that they let the Host check in your invited kid guests first so they can get out riding, and then they will check in the parents and additional siblings.
Our party booking was only for 5 riders, and now we have 8 confirmed rsvp’s. What is the additional charge for the extra kids? What about extra siblings that may come?
Your first 5 riders are covered with the base package you booked, each additional rider is $15.00. Siblings are the same price, but you can opt to have the parents pay for sibling riders and you only pay for invited guests, just let the Event Manager know during your party planning process.
Do you allow training wheels?
We do not allow training wheels on any of our courses. We have a wide selection of push bikes to offer riders not yet pedaling. We also have loaner tools and an on-site bike shop that can help with removing training and/or pedals for a small charge, to allow the guests to use their bike still, if desired.
Do you allow scooters?
Yes, we do allow scooters in our downstairs “Bunker” riding area.
Do you allow e-bikes, e-scooters or e-unicycles?
No we are a “human powered” bike park. We do not allow anything electric on our courses.
Do you allow skateboards or skates?
No, we are an indoor bike park, our features were designed for bikes.
What are the terms and conditions of my Lumberyard Birthday Party?
- Deposits are non-refundable. If any conflicts arise, please contact us ASAP so that we can work to make reasonable accommodations.
- You will be contacted by our Event Manager to finalize all party details.
- Final group attendance totals should be confirmed 48 hrs prior to arrival.
- Your party may check in 5 minutes prior to the party start time unless specifically scheduled and confirmed by our Event Manager ahead of time.
- All new riders are REQUIRED to have a completed waiver filled out for them. Please CLICK HERE to fill out the waiver and forward this link to all of your guests to save them time at check in.
- Please be aware our party room may have a party booked either before or after yours, the 2 hours allotted for your party are firm, please arrive on time.
- The Party Host will have the table set up and ready for you at your scheduled party time and will clear the tables 15 minutes prior to the end of your scheduled party.
- Customer supplied decorations are allowed with prior Event Manager approval (no piñatas).
- Rentals are on a first come, first served basis, as we do not have an unlimited supply of riding equipment for all sizes. Please note that any riding equipment with more than two wheels is not permitted anywhere in the facility.
- For safety purposes, we do not allow bikes to be parked in the party room or Arcade area.
- Lumberyard Indoor Bike Park remains open to the public during parties and group events unless prior arrangements are made with our Event Manager.
- Please let us know if you’d like to learn more about our catering options.
- We do offer the use of our freezer if you bring an ice cream dessert. Please arrange this prior to your arrival with our Event Manager
On the day of your party:
- Check in is no sooner than 5 minutes prior to the start of your party.
- The Party Host will be available to you for the duration of your party time (2 hours) to set up, serve, and clean up your party.
- The table will be set with plates, utensils, cups, napkins, Clif Zbars, and bottles of water prior to your arrival.
- Your Party Host will serve your guests; if you prefer to serve your guests, let the Party Host know when you arrive.
- Your Party Host will serve your dessert immediately after your pizza course while all the kids are in the room at the same time and in the interest of keeping the party on schedule in the room.
- Your Party Host will bus the table and box any left over food 15 minutes prior to the end of your party.
- If you choose to do our Guided Park Tour with the Instructor, this will begin about 10 minutes after the start of your party and run for 45 minutes.
- Your Host will present and review with you an itemized draft receipt of your party about 10 minutes before the end of your party. Please pay the host at that time to close your ticket out.
- Payment can be made by cash or credit card.. Amount due cannot be split onto multiple credit cards, we can split between cash and one credit card.